Friday, June 25, 2010

Same Ole Same Ole...

I have been rather remiss in my writing lately. I put it down to the "summer doldrums".  That no man's land that sets in right after vaction when every day follows the other and every day is the same, "Hazy, Hot, and Humid...chance of thunder storms in the afternoon." Even the weather is boring. I mean, when helping a terrapin across the road is an "event" in your day, you know you are boring.
Remember that movie with Bill Murray, Ground Hog Day?  Well, that is my life right now.




I get up at 4 in the morning, put on the coffee, take a shower, dry my hair, put on the clothes that I picked out the night before, drink the coffee, tell my cat, "It's time for Mommy to go to work and make money to buy cat food. See ya later alligator. Mommy loves you." (same words every day so she knows I'm coming back.) And then I drive to work. Same route every day. Same CD's in the CD player. Get to work, turn on the machines, take 35 minute walk, process and print film, go to the gym, work some more until 4:30. Drive home, have gin and tonic while cooking dinner and watching DVR'ed TV show. Go to bed. Start all over again the next day at 4 o'clock.

If you got bored reading it, think how bored I get doing it day after day. *sigh* I need to change something up in my life.

Just once before I die, I'd like to know what it feels like to be sitting on the terrace of a villa in Tuscany sipping red wine with a dark smoldering Italian man who doesn't even speak English but understands every move I make.
I'm just sayin'....

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who says goodbye to the cat in the morning. I tell her I'm off to make money so she has a roof over her head and A/C! I also tell her that I will be back, too. Sometimes though there is a pleasantness in routine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. During my 25 years of the 12 hr. shift rotation and I was up at 0330 and out of the door at 0420...I did the same as you ad your commenter. I said goodbye to her..told her I love her and that I'm making money to keep her in food and toys and Vet help. I always holler " Mommy's Home!" when I get in he door and if she didn't hear the car as always, she will run to me then. As your commenter said, there is pleasantness in routine. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Ann, I found you again. So this is where you have been hiding. I had to leave spaces. They just had a change and my space won't take comments and many other problems. How wonderful to find you again thru mutual friends. Need a change come by my new place. http://hereiamcarrie.blogspot.com/ Sounds like you are in a rut and need some shaking up... Take Care Carrie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say goodbye to the cat as well. The only thing is I don't have a cat. I am Italian though I don't speak it very well. I'm not real dark right now because I'm not a sun worshipper. Though I am capable of getting very dark. If only I could make money out of my super human ability to tan. I would use my powers only for good. I don't have a villa in Tuscany but I once saw Bob Villa at Home Depot. Is that good eneough?
    Ciao bella.

    ReplyDelete
  5. P.S. I have been known to smolder.

    ReplyDelete
  6. BB, you crack me up...and we still can't get to your blog or your profile if you have one. Mr. Mysterious. Get your pants on and get your settings changed! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems like it the same for me almost but the summer enjoy more outside because our winters are so very long. Worked outside yesterday in the hot sun and wow was I tired also thinking too much sun.
    Glad to catch up here Ann. I love your blog.
    I looked at the date on my last entry here and know Im behind and I guess starting a new blog and really thown me off.
    Until next time Ann enjoy the rest of you day and night.

    ReplyDelete