Sunday, May 16, 2010

...and all is right with the world.

Once again, peace reigns on the Branch. The sun is shining, the trees are leafy and green and my satellite is friends with my computer again. Ahhh...Bliss!

After fighting the battle of the Titans with Hughesnet for weeks, I was finally able to get the illusive "Up Grade Order Number".  I immediately "texted" (I text now...la dee dah, on my new Iphone. Welcome to the 21st Century Ann) my faithful Guardian Enterprise Tech (lovely young man with a work ethic that would make our grandfathers weep with pride) and handed off the baton to him.  He ran with it and by Saturday afternoon, all was well.
Out in the Boonies where I live, we pretty much have to pipe in daylight, so if you don't have satellite, you don't have TV or Internet service. You learn to take very good care of these puppies.  I am particularly happy that my computer satellite is now on the ground on a six foot pole so when it snows or ices over, I can go out and brush it off. (The satellite on the side of the house is for Directv.  Works GREAT!)  
In the midst of all this satellite drama, I discovered yet another invader at the gates...ants. I went behind the computer to unplug the modem so Steven the Tech would not get electrocuted, and discovered a colony of tiny black ants had taken up house keeping under the warm and humming connection box.  ACK!! Thousand of the little buggers!! Thank goodness for Raid! I am trying to work up the courage to look inside my warm and humming computer tower, but that will have to wait. For now, I am basking in the glow of new gutters, new computer satellite and happy roses and newly planted tomatoes.

Life is good...I'm just sayin'.




No comments:

Post a Comment