Thursday, April 22, 2010

Friendly Fire??

You know you are going to have a bad day when your own virus scan program attacks your system and shuts down all the computers on the network. LOVELY!
This is what happened to our work computers late yesterday afternoon. Something to do with a false positive on a virus and Wham! Slam dunked all of us. Our fabulous tech staff has worked their collective butts off to get us back up and running today.
But while we were down, I was remembering a time not too long ago when I didn't have a computer. Did not know what email was, let alone, FB, Blogging, Internet Connection etc. And it was a mere ten years ago...seriously! We get so used to being able to Google anything we need information about that we forget that not so long ago, we went to the library and actually took books off the shelves. I still do that. No matter how high tech I get, I still want the feel, the weight and the smell of a book in my hands. Kindle just doesn't cut it with me. But I digress...it is almost scary how dependant we have gotten on "Hal". Well, yesterday, Hal said, "I'm sorry Dave...I can't do that."
I'm just sayin'...

No comments:

Post a Comment